Pleasure-boating on Lake Balaton
One must live what no photograph can adequately depict!
Our pleasure-boating ships depart from almost all of our ports, and following an unmatchable boating experience, they return to their original starting point.
We await our dear passengers for an hour-long trip from spring to late autumn. During the high season, our pleasure-boat trips depart from 17 docks. We spice up the experience by sailing romantically into the sunset with champagne and soft drinks departing from 12 ports.
During the pleasure-boat trip, our passengers can simultaneously marvel at the beauty of Lake Balaton and of the shoreline sights, as well.
Upon request, apart from the regularly advertised pleasure-boat trips, we can provide the same service of pleasure-boating to groups, as well!
- 1 hour-long pleasure-boating: During the pleasant one-hour-long trip, one can marvel at the eye-catching beautiful world of Lake Balaton and of the shoreline sights, as well.
- 2 hour-long pleasure-boat trip traveling around the peninsula: The 2-hour-long boat trip departing from Balatonfüred during which, by circling it, one can view the peninsula of Tihany, and by crossing the lake at its narrowest point, passengers are able to view the notable sights and the wondrous world of the peninsula from the boat.
- 1 hour-long pleasure-boating into the sunset: During the early hours of the evening, while sailing on the lake, one can marvel at the sight of the wondrous sunset. As part of the romantic hour-long boat trip, we charmingly provide our passengers with champagne and soft drinks.
- Romantic Badacsony: Take a trip with us on a pleasant summer evening from Keszthely to Badacsony on the deck of the 125-year-old nostalgic ship, the Helka! After the one and a half-hour boat trip, a one hour long free programme is available in Badacsony to the passengers prior to the return trip to Keszthely.
Use of the “Boating possibilities” search function
At the top of the page, or rather, with the help of the “Boating possibilities” search window to be found on the homepage, you can search all of our pleasure-boats. Select the pleasure-boats icon, indicate the port from which you wish to depart or choose it from the provided map. Naturally, the “search window” uses the current day as default; however, you may alter that as you wish. The “result” page of the “search” window will also provide you with all other boating services, which you can utilize from your point of departure.
Thanks to graciousness of Mastercard, our strategic partner, all travellers that purchase tickets from us in the months of June, July, and August of 2018 using their Mastercard or Maestro bank card will receive a further coupon from us at the ticket office, which entitles them to a further 10% discount at the boat’s buffet. This service is only valid if the products which they purchase are paid for utilizing either a Mastercard or a Maestro bank card.
A complete boating schedule for the 2018 year can be downloaded in PDF format from the attachments that can be found at the bottom of the page. The individual schedule of a given boating season provided by the Lake Balaton Boating Ltd. can also be separately downloaded from files that can also be found here.
Prices and discounts related to pleasure-boating can be found at the bottom of the page, or on the homepage under “Boating possibilities” search window by clicking on the “Price list” button where you are able to find detailed information. You can also find and download 2017 pleasure-boating schedules and prices in PDF format under “Attachments”. The booklet for all boating possibilities provided by the Balaton Shipping Company in the year of 2018 can be downloaded from this page, as well.
- The Company does not accept any liability for changes in water conditions, cancelled trips due to weather conditions, late arrivals, or any liability for missing train or bus connections.
- The Company maintains the right to modify prices, timetables, and programmes.
- The sailing of pleasure boats and advertised program boats are dependent on adequate passengers, while the regularly scheduled boats are not affected in any way by the number of passengers.
- Upon request, we organise trips for groups apart from regular scheduled boats.
- Depending on the number of passengers on a boat, we provide the possibility for transporting bicycles.
- Only dogs wearing muzzle baskets and on leashes will be allowed on the boats.
- The detailed traveling conditions are contained in the business regulations, and are downloadable from the attachment, or can be found at the Company’s docks.